CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The God of Weight-loss is Bountiful

I woke up this morning and went through my usual routine. Wake up, turn over, curse winter, try and go back to sleep, realise I need the loo, curse my bladder, stumble down the hall to the bathroom, weigh myself on the way out.

I, like many people, tend to weigh lighter in the morning so I was a little disappointed to see that it still read 242.6, the .6 fluctuation still there making a mockery of my 'lost 10lbs' celebration, but I try to deal because (let's say it together children) you vary from day to day so it's not 'real' weight. Okay, fine.

I go back to bed and wake up an hour later, needing the bathroom again (wtf, was I sleep-drinking or something?) step on the scale and there it was. 241. All the fluctuation reasoning flies out the window because I don't care it officially counts. Screw water weight or whatever the hell else it is that causes the scales to change overnight (or in my case, overhour) I now OWN 241. It's ass is mine.

I totally just had to edit this post after I accidentally wrote 141 instead of 241 because OMG GUYS WISHFUL THINKING IS TAKING OVER MY BODY!

4 comments:

amy said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. It's hard to keep writing without knowing if anyone is ever looking at it. And having people comment and keep you motivated is what it's all about.

Congratulations on owning 241! You'll probably be surpassing me soon. I'll keep checking on your progress. And I had to go to wikipedia to find out what pork pies, cheese straws and scotch eggs are as we have no such tings in my neck of the woods.

Gotta go jump on my treadmill now!

Zanitta said...

hehe, me and my tricky british food! I will try to link then to a proper explaination in future (although, they sound kind of gross when defined, but they're gorgeous really).

No problem on the comments, you're one of my regular reads so it's always nice to hear from you.

lisa jane said...

ooh scotch eggs, I made them for my english father for christmas!!!,actually im not a cheapo I gave him another gift too.

You are so funny, my first thoughts in the morning usually lead me to the fridge,rather than the scale :)

Zanitta said...

I was about to write 'I must just have a more obsessive nature' but then I saw your fridge comment and though 'well...' :). I used to do the fridge first, I think that may be part of the reason why my waist was going up rather than down (possibly you just have more restraint than me [it's not hard]).