CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Clash of the Titans

Me vs. The Vending Machine.

Nothing so terribly strange about that, the weird thing about this particular battle? We both won. Because the vending machine has more will power than me.

I swore to myself I wasn't going to have anymore dessert from the wheel of death for another week to test how it affected my weight loss. I've been getting them recently while making sure I still stay within my calories, but I've seen a little bit of a slow down with the weight coming off so wanted to see if a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, or if stopping would make a real difference.

So I was at work and I folded. A win for the vending machine then surely? Wrong. The vending machine doesn't care if eat it's products or not, it's just wants to prove that it can mentally break me. How do I know this? After a long internal debate I very maturely thought 'fuck it' put my money in and the slide-y door thing refused to open. Denied. REJECTED.

I took it as a sign and ignored the additional chocolate bar vending machine next to it (it's not enough our canteen has one machine, we have a range of the things) in favour of the apple slices with grapes snack pack I had bought earlier.

4 comments:

Mal said...

Victory.

Zanitta said...

:) only just and through no fault of my own ;)

Lori said...

You know, one day I had just enough money to go to the vending machine and get something, ahem, inappropriate. (IS there anything appropriate in a vending machine?)

It just hung there and no amount of rocking the machine, etc. would move it. I guess somebody was looking out for me.

I like the wheel of death description!

BigAssBelle said...

funny how that works. i've had it happen too. almost as if the universe is trying to tell me something.