CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Time's doing a little more then flying

Did someone strap a rocket to the backside of this year? I mean seriously, it's April 24th. APRIL 24TH. As in nearly my birthday, something I count as nearly halfway through the year. Nuts.

My monthly friend arrived tonight. Funny thing was though, that I saw 235.0 on the scale this morning and I don't know how much faith to put in it. On one hand I always weight heavier on the first day so it could be a really good WI, but on the other I didn't actually start until about 5 or 6 in the evening, so the reading may have been taken too early to have made a difference in the weight. That said, as I type this it occurs to me that my 'morning' weight is classed as the weight I am when I first wake up (it's part of my routine; I wake up, stumble out of bed, stub my toe, curse, fumble down the hallway with my eyes closed, go to the bathroom, then weigh myself on the way back to my room), which wasn't until about 3:15 this afternoon.

Yeah, I sleep until 3 in the afternoon. Shut up.

Either way, it was a loss, so good weight for me. I'm just wondering if it's my 'real' weight, or if it will be a little lower once I let go of the excess water.

It possibly won't make a difference if I choose to tuck into any the two Easter eggs (mmm...Maltesers) my mum brought for me from my grandfather and her (she lives further way and has only visited today so didn't have a chance to give them me at Easter, not a good thing to have in the house while your PMS cravings have got you gnawing at the corner of the fridge). If I succumb to temptation rest assured that I will be saying that my weight must just have been 235 to begin with.

I've changed last months weigh in from 'none' to my actual weight, I was thinking about it and decided I may as well 'fess up and have it reflect that actual truth even if it's not pretty. Of course this reasoning is lot easier to face now that I've lost what I put back on!

5 comments:

christie said...

Way to go on the loss, and I hope it will be even more for you like you're hoping it will be :)

christie said...

PS when is your birthday? Mine's coming up soon too, May 7th!

Zanitta said...

Mine is on May 18th :)

metamorphose said...

Looks like May is a big month for b-days.

Hey congrats on losing what you had gained back. I hope to do the same.

sarahaarssen said...

Congrats on the loss. I know what you mean about not wanting to post last months weight but feeling you should anyway. I've forced myself to write many unpleasant blogs just to make sure I am keeping it as real as possible.

When I go back and re-read them it makes me feel SO much better that I'm no longer in those ugly dark dreadful places.

Kudos to you!