CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day 1

Oops. I forgot to take the pictures of all my meals. The recipe I used tonight was enough for two though, so here is a picture of the same thing I ate for dinner that I've saved for tomorrow.


It had beans, onion, garlic, red and green bell pepper, and tomatoes in it. It would have had courgette (zucchini to you Americans) and black olives to fill it out a little more, but I hate both those things (a throwback from my youth, my mother never met a meal she couldn't put a courgette in) so no dice. First impressions? Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It tasted good, and made a lot more than I thought it would, so I still got a decent portion size. The thing I worried most about on this was if I was going to be hungry all the time as there doesn't seem to be huge amounts of protein, but not bad today at all, so I'll just see how it goes.

I got some rice milk from the supermarket to replace my regular, and they had one that was flavoured with hazelnut and almond:


It tasted magically delicious and was especially good when I used it to make my porridge this morning. Much better than I was expecting from my previous encounters with non-dairy substitutes

1 comments:

Christine said...

Hmm the bean dish looks really good. Hope you're doing well!