CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 28, 2007

Day 6

A lazy Sunday was just what I needed. No one was at home when I woke up so I've had the house to myself, and have most of my time on my laptop and listening/dancing to the music channels. Looking at the time now I hadn't realised how late it was (ever since we put the clocks forward the light outside has been tricking me) and I should probably make dinner. Now that I've thought that my stomach is making noises.

I haven't been following the book properly. I just get too lazy or tired to do all the cooking for the evening meal so it's become pretty much a soup, fruit and porridge diet. It's still tasty, still healthy, and (according to the scale) still working, so I'm not hugely worried about it but I think I'm going to make a proper meal tonight instead of going the easy route.

I started learning some hiragana today (one of the Japanese alphabets). My time would probably be better spent learning how to ask for directions and if there is a toilet nearby, but I don't want to become dependant on romanji. For those of you not in the know, romanji is when Japanese words are written using the roman (western) alphabet. I'm worried that if I don't start memorizing the hiragana and katakana alphabets first then I'll find it a lot harder to learn to read and write in Japanese when I finally start learning it properly. I want to be able to more than just speak it you know?

Ugh. Tomorrow is a bank holiday and I'm working. I wasn't supposed to be, but because I needed Wednesday off to go get my medical done I'm having to make up the time somewhere.

1 comments:

Christine said...

As long as you are conscience of what you are eating each day - you are following it! :) It sounded like a tough one to follow from the beginning and I give you a pat on the back for sticking with it and making the modifications that work for you! Take care.