CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Warning, picture heavy post

I got a new wig recently and I hated it at first due to the fact that it had a fringe (bangs to you Americans), which I didn't feel suited me at all. I tried it on again a few days ago though and thought maybe? I've been test driving it. So: thoughts?

In this pic I've just done all my hair/make-up for work which is why I posted it even though the fringe is all swept to the side (I'm vain like that hehe)



This is a much more accurate picture of what it usually looks like, but in my defense it's 3:45am at time of photo and I'm wearing my glasses so don't judge the rest of my appearance!



Also in this post: How not to lose weight:



8 comments:

Janey said...

just being a bit nosy, but is the wig thing just for fashion purposes or do you have to wear one for some reason - sorry to be blunt - just wondered!
I think the one you have on in the photo looks really good, very natural and the style suits you!

Zanitta said...

It's for medical reasons, I've had an OCD called trichtillomania (bascally it means I pull my hair out) since I was 10, and started wearing a wig my second year of university.

Christine said...

Ya sexy thing - very nice. I have "bangs" - thats what we call them here in Canada! Ha. I wouldn't have known it was a wig unless you had pointed it out. Nice.

Grumpy Chair said...

I second the wig thing - very natural looking. It also looks like that dancer's on dancing with the stars (US)- really cute!

Once Upon A Dieter said...

I actually like the second picture. The smile is great. The fringe is rather cute. And it doesn't clash with the glasses. (I wear glasses, and when I wear bangs, sometimes, there's not much left of my face! I've let my bangs grow out and just sweep it to the side.

I remember wig-shopping for my niece back when she was like 12. She has alopecia--no hair at all. But she decided to just go bald and, now in her thirties, she still goes smooth-pated. She's more courageous than I am.
Mir

Zanitta said...

Do you wear a wig Mir? I didn't for a long time. I don't mind telling people I wear one, but I would get uncomfortable with people looking at me, or asking if I had cancer (not that there's anything wrong with that, but I just got sick of the constant looks).

Sarah said...

I wouldn't have known it was a wig if you hadn't said so. I think the bangs suit you well!

Once Upon A Dieter said...

No, my hair is fine. It's my niece who's got hairlessness. All over. None on her head, no eyelashes, no eyebrows, no arm or leg, etc.

But if I had bald patches or baldness, I'd wear a wig. I'd get a nice collection in a variety of styles, I think, and just consider it an accessory. :)

Mir