CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Aaaaaand breathe

Eating was much more restrained today, making me feel much better. This is due in part to the fact that I took one of my Ephedra pills (yes, I know, ephedra - boo, hiss, I'm going to the deepest ring of dieter hell). I started taking them a few months ago and they helped reign in my appetite, but then I kept my eating under control for a while and started cutting back on them, finally stopping completely.

With the wobbles I've had the last few days I thought I'd try and use them again to stop my snacky snacky impulses, but weirdly it made me get a bit shaky at work. Not 'feeling sick' shaky, or cold shivery, but that sort of nervous energy in the pit of your stomach that just seemed to come out as the shakes. It was odd because it never did that to me before.

The only reason I can think of is maybe that my caffeine intake is usually so low as I don't drink tea, coffee or soda, that a sudden burst was a bit of a shock to the poor old body (they're ephedra and caffeine pills). Hmm, something to ponder. I may see how I am without them tomorrow and make a decision from there.

The scale tonight showed me at just a smidgen (0.2 lbs) above my low weight last week, and as I generally weigh lighter int he morning I'm hoping this will translate to a new low tomorrow. With only 10 days of June left I was really hoping to punch a sizable hole through 220 before my WI at the end of the month (but shhhh! I don't want to jinx myself).

5 comments:

Christine said...

Curious to hear how you feel the next few days after that pill - please share. Take care!!

morbidly obtuse said...

Ephedra!!!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! Ha ha, I tease. I have diet tech, and I'm thinking about starting that back up. It gives me a tiny boost, and I don't eat near as much as I usually do when I take one. My only concern is that you don't OD on the pills. I had a "friend" that bought some hydroxy cut about three years ago now. She took it home, read the back, and opened the bottle. You know how you're supposed to ease yourself into it, with one pill three times a day? Well she stood there are took like four or five at once! Moron! She had the shakes so bad she couldn't sit down. Anyway, best of luck with making your own decisions tomorrow! We're all rooting for you!

Lauren said...

Oh pookie, no, no drugs. Sigh. If it makes you feel happy, I support you, just don't die ok.

FatBlokeThin said...

I don't want to judge you but do you really need chemicals to tell you who you want to be? I think they are banned in the states still which should tell you something....

Please be careful - it's really not worth hurting yourself.

Lady T said...

be careful...you only get one life to live...fat or thin.

you've made great progress! congratulations however you did it!