CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 22, 2007

And I'm feeling good.

There are always doubts creeping in and out. The mental tally of every calorie, carb, fat that works in the back of your mind, a gentle hum of white noise that I focus in and out on.

The scale hasn't moved for a few days, which logically I know is nothing strange, haven't been eating terribly, but I haven't been 100% super great either, and it didn't look like I was going to make my mental goal of under 220 by my June weigh in.

But you know what? Screw all that. I had fun shopping the other day and got some pretty stuff that I couldn't have fit into a couple of months ago, resisted the urge for leftover lasagna last night, and weighed in at a new low of 222.4 this morning. I'm 24, about to fulfil a dream of going to Japan, have complete control over what I'm going to eat next, and am getting healthier every day.

Life? Not all that bad right now.

I turned on my radio a few minutes ago to find that Fleetwood Mac would like me to know they agree with me. It's nice to stop wallowing in the mistakes and just focus on the good sometimes.

Yesterday's gone, Yesterday's gone.

5 comments:

morbidly obtuse said...

First, there's still 8 days left of June. It's highly possible to lose 2.5 pounds in 8 days! Secondly, you're absolutely right! You've made progress, and that's something to be happy about! Keep up the hard work!

Christine said...

I am happy for you that you are so happy these days. Whatever number you end up with at the end of June is progress! Good luck and have a great weekend.

Lauren said...

you know, it's not like i really NEED to download mor emusic. thanks a bunch. We can do it girly. Great attitude too.

Canadian Gal said...

I found your blog through Christine's blog. :o)

I think you are doing great and totally agree about focusing on the positves. The negatives will just bring you down.

Keep up the good work! :o)

Foodfairy said...

And I don't need to have Fleetwood Mac in my head for like ever either! :p Nor do you need to beat yourself up. You have so much to pat yourself on the back for