CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Back in the saddle

I didn't so much fall off the wagon as just hop down for a sec to visit the bakery while it was getting it's wheel changed.

After weigh in I always allow myself a couple of days to eat whatever, to help me stay on track for the rest of the month. Yes, it's a little counter-productive, but it helps me feel like I'm not giving up everything 'forever' and the stress/binge that tends to follow. Last month that kind of backfired on me as I couldn't seem to get back to eating properly for love nor money.

This month wasn't anywhere near so out of control, and today I'm back to my tried and trusted soup/porridge/fruit combo that seems to have worked for me. Not entirely without incident though, as yesterday there was an unfortunate mini doughnut disaster where I went head to head with a box of them and they won. I actually wanted to stop about halfway through, but then I had that thing where you think 'I could stop, but then dad (insert your own household member here) would see the half eaten box. And would know it was me. I'll have to eat them all and hide the evidence!' So I ended up forcing them down even though I was feeling a little sick and throwing the carton away. Stupid, but there we go.

I'm going to weigh myself in a few days. It's gone up since 'official' weigh in, but there's no way I've actually gained what it said even with the stuff I ate, so I'll give it a little while of better food so I can get the true number when the bloat has disappeared.

I still want to fit into my dress by the time I leave!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

That's great that you jumped right back in the saddle. You know, I find your comments on my posts so helpful and inspiring. Thank you so much. if you ever feel like chatting outside blogland. My name is travelbuglp for AIm and yahoo and messenger is Laurenplouffe@hotmail.com.

Lauren said...

what is your yahoo?

Christine said...

Hey - glad to hear that you got back on the saddle today - I fell off the wagon today..bounced a few times..and then got run over by the tire..thhump. Hoping for a better day tomorrow - so glad that you are on track now! :) Take care.

TĂȘtue said...

I did the same thing with those cookies I made over the weekend. Heaven forbid I actually throw cookies out. That would be wasteful. So instead they live on ON MY BUTT!