CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm here!

Though my Internet is limited to school only at the moment.

I figured I'd give you all a quick run through of what's going on now, else I'll have to do a post with too much in it and end up not saying anything at all.

I feel very stupid here. Without any Japanese I don't seem to be able to function by myself for the most basic of things, but it's different because I can't just guess, or even look it up in the dictionary easily. It's quite a bit of money but I think I'm going to invest in an electronic dictionary, one that will let me write in the kanji and just have it spit the word back at me.

Japan has never met a food they couldn't add green tea to. Green tea flavoured pocky? Surprisingly delicious! Green tea flavoured kitkat? Not so much.



I was thisclose to buying green tea flavoured hagan daaz, but restrained myself at the last moment.

Other Japanese foods I have tried include mizu manju (水万寿) (a type of ball made of a sweet red filling, wrapped in a clear [and I'll admit somewhat suspicious looking] jelly goo type of mixture), and tako-yaki (たこ焼)(a piece of octopus wrapped in some type of white sauce with onion, then breaded into a ball and deep fried). Both were magically good (I know! It shocked me too!).


4 comments:

Christine said...

HI! Nice to hear you are doing okay! You must be having the time of your life. Not sure if I would be into that KitKat bar either! Hope that things get easier!! Take care.

Christie said...

So glad you're getting settled it.. I an only imagine what a difficult language barrier japanese is. The electronic dictionary is probably a necessity!!!

FatBlokeThin said...

Glad to see you are still blogging - have you sorted internet at home yet?

Christie said...

Update! Update! Pleeeeeeeeeze! :)