CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007

Dinner

I've just finished eating a lovely dinner. I buy a stir fry sauce from my supermarket, as I can't read the kanji I have no idea what it is, but I live off the stuff. So here you go (because pictures are always fun).

Cabbage, asparagus, thinly sliced pork, broccoli, spring onion:


Mystery sauce:


Chop up the asparagus and cook with a little olive oil in a hot pan until then soften. Add a little water to the bottom of the pan (it will begin to hiss/boil as soon as it touches the pan). Add the pieces of thinly sliced pork (the pork should be bacon thickness or thinner), you can either brown off the pork if you are using thicker pieces, or leave it and add the chopped cabbage straight away. After you've added the cabbage add a tiny bit more water and put the lid on the pan, the steam from the water will be trapped inside and help cook the veg through:


Once the veg is cooked to your likeness, add the mystery sauce. Before serving stir in the chopped spring onion. I've been trying to cut down on the white rice so I boiled the broccoli and served it on the side.

Tadaa:

3 comments:

Once Upon A Dieter said...

I have to say, for a really simple recipe, that looks YUMMY. I'd eat that!

Looks like a winner for losing meal.

Mir

Christine said...

Holy cow yummy. What was the mystery sauce like?? I am always reluctant to buy things like that. Good for you.

Marshmallow said...

MmMmmm that looks really good!