CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 21, 2007

Scale, you utter bastard

Scale remains unmoved, in any sense of the word, by my valiant efforts and perfect eating. I am baffled (aside from that old standby - Sod's Law) as to why number changes (in any direction!) have suddenly stopped.

I want to up my water intake. I drink a reasonable amount but with how hot it is here (compared with England) I'm thinking I may need more. The problem is (and this may be a little TMI for some of you, consider yourself warned) that my school doesn't have any western style toilets, they're all squatters.

I hate squatters. Oh the hate.

If I drink more then my trips to the bathroom increase, and I don't like that at all. I'm trying to drink more in the evening at home, but there's only so much you can get through in a limited time you know?

I also made a conscious effort to eat a yogurt for breakfast this morning. I don't usually have time (I make do with a mid-morning snack or an early lunch) and sometimes when I'm tired I feel a little sick when I first wake up, but everyone goes on about how important it is so I'm trying to have something little just to get my metabolism going.

Every school-day I am walking 15-20 minutes to school (and back again) carrying about 7 or 8 kg on my back (laptop, textbooks, and assorted junk).

I'm perfectly willing to accept no change if I know in my heart of hearts I haven't been sticking to the diet, but when I have been it just pisses me off. My body better be gearing up for nothing-nothing-BIG LOSS because if Scale doesn't start moving soon I'm going to punch him in the neck.

5 comments:

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Sodium? You like the pre-packaged sauces and mixes. My guess is they have a boatload of sodium.

Could that be it?

Mir, The Princess

Zanitta said...

Hmm, that's something I hadn't thought to check (I don't add salt to food so I never really think about it). I can't read the japanese label so that could be hard, but then it doesn't explain why it's stopped now. I liked exactly the same sauces/mixes before and saw regular movement, but now that I swapped the rice for broccoli and have cut out the fried food/bakery items it all goes to pot! Bah. BAH I SAY!

Amy said...

ahh sodium. and also sometimes it just takes a while to see a change. you might be slowly building muscle, if you see a difference in your clothes and not the scale you'll know something like that is up.

Grumpy Chair said...

I'm going through the same thing with too much sodium. I keep my calories under 1500 (which in the past I could lose weight at),exercise yet the scale showed a 1 pound gain. And I knew it was the extra sodium.

It's just water weight.

Scale Junkie said...

I'm the first one to admit that the scale is an evil little box but I think in this case, its the sodium causing your water retention. Hang in there it will go away