CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 28, 2007

Thank Goodness for that

When I ran into my house a few minutes ago to grab my laptop power cable, I quickly nipped to the loo. After all, never pass up the chance to use a western toilet here, the chance may not present itself again. Upon the discovery that the universe had decided that this was to be my 'special time', my first instinct was to praise whatever holy being is currently controlling said universe.

Long time readers of this blog will know that this is not the normal reaction to a monthly visit from my little red friend.

See, the thing is, this whole losing weight deal? Not so much at the moment. The days since weigh in have not been kind and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't just put down the cookie dough*. When I saw 103.something kilos on the scale this morning I may have shed a little tear.

But oh! Fate has smiled down upon me, and granted me the boon of this logical, temporary reason for gaining

I wish my body would just make a plan and stick to it so I wouldn't get caught unaware by this crap every time. "But then"-I hear it's tiny voice shouting-"You don't so why should we?"

Touché




*If you're wondering what the cookie dough was doing there to start with: A student and I exchange an English notebook so she can practice. She writes me a letter and I write one back. It's just started, and she was telling me about Japanese sweets. As a thank you for agreeing to help she made me some. In return I surprised her with some tiny people shaped cookies. It made her happy.

5 comments:

honib1 said...

love reading your blog Zanitta, and excellent comment you left on Laurens blog..

Once Upon A Dieter said...

See, I didn't even mention the Red Guest as a possibility cause I figure you're young and you are regular and know when it's due. At your age, I was clockwork. Clockwork.

But there ya go. Always a reason. You may have been wanting the salty stuff cause of that, too. I know I crave both really sweet and really salty at said times.

Western loo. :) I like those.

heh.
The Princess<--dreams of a giant, luxury bathroom someday, like after I win a huge Lottery or something

Foodfairy said...

Stupid girlie stuff...not fair! i had onna no toki on my first trip to Japan and i couldn't read the kanji on any of the napuki packets so i ended up with dodgy ones...arrrgh!

Zanitta said...

yeah, I couldn't (err... still can't really as I have no kanji) when I got here so my first month was interesting.

Grumpy Chair said...

I loved reading about you exchaning a notebook with a student learning English. How fun. You must be a great teacher.