CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Worth a try

Thank you to the commenter's on my last post. After considering your insight I am going to be really careful this weekend in terms of salt intake. I suspect that Mir may be right in blaming my beloved Mystery Sauce as a possible Trojan salt horse in my current eating. I really, really hope that it's not the culprit and I'm actually salt-licking in my sleep, because it's such an easy dish. That being said, I can't disprove it as I can't read the label, so we shall see.

And hey, if it works at least I'll have a reason at long last.

So, goals for the week are not to use the mystery sauces and to really up my water intake. I'm already working on the water and I plan to have chicken breast, sweet potato and cabbage for dinner.

3 comments:

Christine said...

I didn't realize how high my salt intake was until I used FitDay for a few days. Most things I didn't even realize how high % they were. It totally blew me away.

Good luck.

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Coconut water, unsweetened. (Like ZICO brand, or similar. No sugar!)Really. 16 to 24 ounces will counteract serious salt intake without adding too much in terms of calories.

I got a salt and snack attack last night. I did moderate it--ie, I sat down, decided how best to satisfy the insane craving without being WAY WAY over my calorie count, just WAY over. :) And I ate the crisps and the cheetos (one small snack bag each) and some cheese (salty!) and a small amount of salted peanuts.

Basically, I went salt mad.

Then I had 22 ounces of coconut water right after.

That really minimized the bloat impact this am. I can feel it helped a lot.

I need to restock, but that's the best way I've found to safely counteract a salty tooth (and boy, do I get a salt attack now and then.)

The Princess

Zanitta said...

hmm, I'm not huge fan of coconut but I can give it a try, it's just finding it unsweetened here. They tend to sweeten nearly all their juices here (even when it says 100%) and it's difficult to read the kana.