CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Decisions

Now is the moment you decide to lose weight.

When you look back, you'll think of the time you went above 200 (250, 300, whatever number broke your brain), or of the time you couldn't fit into your favourite clothes, or your aeroplane seat. The time you stopped being able to ignore the white elephant in the corner. That was important, it was the moment you realised, but the decision is more than that. As a person I exist only in this moment. I breath, I live, I think, I choose. You choose.

The past cannot be changed; if your past included french fries then so be it.

The future is unset; in the oven does not mean in the mouth. In the mouth does not mean in the stomach.

There are moments when I've chosen the wrong path. I've turned to it and regretted it even before I took a step, but my mind shouts 'too late, too late', but it's not, it's not I promise. Don't let the weak moment become the weak day. Don't start again tomorrow. There's another moment right here, right now. It's never ever too late. If you've eaten the whole box of cookies, let this be the moment you don't open the ice-cream. If you're reading this having eaten nearly a whole pizza, let this be the moment you throw out the last slice. Guilt is so utterly pointless, the past cannot be changed.

But the future is unset. As a person I exist only in this moment. I breath, I live, I think, I choose.

There will be other moments, other me. The person I was in January, the person who had that moment of realisation, is not the person I am now. The person I am now is not the person who will read this post back to herself in five minutes time. Is not the person who will decide to have an orange before bed, or choose a fried egg sandwich instead. Is not the person making dinner tomorrow.

For this moment, the person I am is making the right decision. It is hard, but I only have to do it for this moment. The next me only has to do it for their moment. If one of us falls, it only has to be a moment.

Keep going. It only has to be for a moment.

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow... great post! When you put it that way, in terms of moments, it makes so much sens. Thank you.

Kathy said...

Well said! What a great motivational entry.

Lauren said...

whoa motivation. Great post.

groovybabe said...

Well said!

Grumpy Chair said...

I agree with everyone else, great post!!

We (as in dieters) have to make decisions everyday, some easy (skim milk vs. whole) and some tough (fruit or candy).

Keep on keeping on Zanitta. I hope you are feeling better with the sneezing.

Christine said...

Very good post. Thanks for that. Starting a new 12 week challenge yesterday I really needed to read this today! Thanks for that.

honib1 said...

fabulous post...

Lauren said...

where are you? I miss you???

Zanitta said...

sorry, went from no lessons for week to 5 lessons a day, it's screwed my internet time. Tomorrow I have lessons all day, then straigh to I se for dinner anf Japanese lesson. I leave the house at 7:45am and will get home about 10pm.