CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mikan, my love

Edit: Just need to add my Challenge WI. I finally saw a good result and am down to 99.5KG (218.9 lbs).

I is still sick, and have now added a hacking cough to my symptoms (nice huh?). It keeps me awake at night. That annoys me because I don't get an accurate scale reading in the morning when I haven't slept well, which is actually kind of pitiful because what should be annoying me is my being unable to stay awake at my desk in the staffroom, leading to a lot of students laughing at me as they try to return their composition books. Good to see where my priorities lie.

The over the counter medicines here aren't really up to much so I am going back to basics and fortifying my internal rebel alliance with concentrated shots of vitamin C. This makes the beginning of the Mikan season absolutely perfect timing!

I am so in love with these little satsumas right now. I just can't say enough good things about them. They're delicious, healthy, easy to peel, even easier to eat, due to the season now starting they are cheap and plentiful (well, relative to other fresh fruit here), and Doctor Who once saved the world with one!

My supermarket is filled with these gorgeous little beasts right now and I am taking advantage.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Feel better real soon!

Scale Junkie said...

Yummmy fruit!! I love those! I hope you are feeling better soon, get some rest.

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the encouragement!

Being sick always sucks and somethings you either lose a lot, or gain a lot. Hopefully for you, you lose a lot! I hope you feel better.

Mama Bear June said...

I'm so sorry you've been so sick. If I don't sleep well, my weight shows it, too. Praying for health and rest for you!
Path to Health

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Oh, you is sick? I don't want you to be sick!

It's so true about the rest/weight connection. It throws off the reading, for sure.

Now you make me want one of those satsumas. This is why I could never be a total Low-Carber. I have to have fruit. HAVE TO. Ate a totally perfect apple today and I almost wrote an ode to it, it was that good.

So, how is your Japanese anyway? :)

The Princess