CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A realisation

I was going to write 'a brainwave' but that implies intelligence rather than the extremely stupid thing I may have done.

So, everyone remember that recipe I posted with my last Challenge WI? It's a great dish and very healthy, but mine turned out badly because of (what I thought was) mad-salty, store-bought broth that gave it a weird (almost burning?) flavour.

I bought some kimich from the konbini at lunch today and it had exactly the same burn/fermented taste to it. In a flash I realised that the 'broth' I though I was buying was in actual fact kimchi pickling juice.

Yeah, I rock.

6 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

Love your new blog look.

Christine said...

Ohh I love this blog look - it was in my favorite list!! Very nice.

honib1 said...

whhooo i love the new blog look.. I tried doing one.. but I lost half my stuff.. so I decided to sort of stay the same as I have been.. sigh.. I like to redecorate.. super job the blog looks great..

Zanitta said...

I wish I could take the credit but I didn't design it. On the top of my blog is a link to the page that did. Be warned though (as it seems you already know) you will lose any html you have added to the page yourself (links, site meters etc) and have to add them again.

C said...

Hi Zanitta,

I just wanted to say a HUGE thanks for the comment on my blog re: plane bathrooms. You have put my mind at ease!

By the way, your blog looks great!

Love Tully.

Tully said...

ps. Not sure why my blog name came up as "C", it is me Tully! :-)