CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 29, 2007

Shimmy 'n' shake

You know, it's impossible to stay sad with a good day of eating behind you, a non-inflated scale number, and The Fratellis queued up in iTunes. It just doesn't happen.

I'm a huge advocate of letting my iTunes help to dictate my mood. I put in an upbeat track or some good shout-y lyrics then nothing can stop me dancing around the living room with a smile. Thankfully my single status means I have no witnesses to this. In a similar vein if you ever just need a good cry there are some soul-rendering lyrics just a click away. I'm a huge lyrics person, reading the words can make me love a song even if I didn't care for the sound when I first heard it.

I've been going through my music files recently, re-listening to some of my old favourites that haven't seen the light of day for a while and remembering why I love them.

Some recommendations for you all: Duende, the afore-mentioned Fratellis, Ani Difranco's entire discography (I heart her lyrics), and my cheesy self indulgence for the moment - The Hairspray OST.

Go on, press the shuffle button and dance. No one's watching.

2 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

You are not a fraud. You are human.

Friday and Saturday where HUGE eating days for me. I haven't eaten that much in a very long time. And I was miserable afterwards. Just gotta accept it and move on.

I love Pearl Jam, but have never been able to understand what Eddie Vedder is saying . . .

Weighing in w/ my .02 said...

I just posted about my "naked free dance" on my blog too. LOL It's such a great fun way to exercise.

Thanks for the tips on the page break problem I've been having. My box was already checked "yes" though so Im not sure if that's it. I clicked it to "no" and then back to "yes" so I'll have to wait and see what happens next time.