CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 05, 2007

Baaa

I woke up to a rather indifferent scale this morning. Given how nice it was to me over the weekend I can only assume the poor dear needs a rest and a cup of cocoa to stop it's head spinning with the new numbers. I'm totally making it sound like I've lost more than I have, but they were new numbers, all.

A question to the sodium minded, how much is enough? A quick perusal of Google came up with some wildly different answers so I was wondering if you would all like to weigh in? I don't know if it makes a difference but I'm a 24 year old female.

I feel a bit of a sheep even being concerned about it. Providing I get my water in then I don't tend to bloat, and I don't add salt to anything. My good friends the stir fry sauces contain some, but not as much as I was assuming during the Great Bloat Fest '07 (I came to the conclusion that lack of water was to blame), and aside from that most my food tends to be fresh so there's very little prepackaged sodium worries. Everyone else seems terribly concerned though so I think it will be interesting to see how much I take in a day.

4 comments:

Tully said...

Good luck with the scales, I hope it regains its composure and comes back to its senses!

I just saw your before and after pics- great photos, you can really see the difference! What are you eating in that after photo- it looks so yummy!

Princess Dieter said...

I seem to be really sensitive to any amounth over, say 300 sodium on a label.

And Chinese food can do a number on teh scale. Probably the soy sauce, huh? Or the MSG? I dunno, both, perhaps.

Salty snacks--which I crave like mad some days--and canned & frozen foods can do a number on teh scale as well. And those seem to be at least 400 sodium per serving. Considering I can eat a whole can of soup, and that can is two servings, that's nearly 1000 sodium for even the "lighter in sodium" soups. Scary.

I think if enough water is consumed, and enough fruit for potassium, that it helps balance the sodium.

When I forget to drink enough water, yeah..I can tell!!!

I'm glad your scale is showing nice numbers. Mine ain't. Bleh.

The Princess

Grumpy Chair said...

Last fall, I tried to stay between 1500 mg and 1800. My doctor said that was too low and to keep it at 2000 to 2300 mg. And I had a little bit of high blood pressure.

Christine said...

Good for you with the scales! I did have a gain this week - but I also know that I enjoyed my week WAY TOO much. :)