CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Coca Cola - I salute you!

Okay, I know I haven't been around much, thank you all for your well wishes. I'm going to Bangkok for Christmas and New Year, so this week has been a little hectic trying to get everything sorted. I will be back and (hopefully) in full force after the new year though.

I was chatting to a friend the other day about things I missed from home that signified the holidays for me, and one of the things that came up was the Coca Cola Christmas Jingle (holidaysarecomingholidaysarecoming - 'tis the season it's always the real thing!). That, in turn, got me thinking about some of their other adverts and how much I've enjoyed them. So, by the power invested in me by YouTube and the talented Coke marketing people, here they are:

The Christmas Advert:


The Magical Vending Machine Land:


I just love the little parade they give it at the end!

And finally, the GTA ad:
(If you don't know GTA, it's game in which you're trying to commit as many crimes, steal as many cars, pick up as many hookers, and run down as many people as possible. The main character of the ad is the one who usually does it all)



So how about you? What TV things do you love? remember that youtube is your friend. Give me things to procrastinate to at school tomorrow!

Just in case I don't get to update again, have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

Princess Dieter said...

Merry Christmas, Z!!!

I adore that Magical Vending Machine Land commercial. I'd never seen it. But what in heaven are those lip-smoochy things? hahahahah Those were positively weird.

The parade is great. Now, there's a commercial I wouldn't click away from. :) Thanks.

I love walking outside and being able to see INSIDE a window to someone's tree. I dunno why seeing a tree with lights through a window is magical. I miss Xmas snow. I miss my parents, cause Mom's Christmas cooking was all comforting and mmmmmm.

TV-wise, it's not Christmas without A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS.

I tend to flip away from commercials, but there's one I always remember. Lemme see if YouTube has it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2QZW1mexhQ&feature=related

The quality isn't great, but there it is. A commercial from my youth.

Tully said...

It must be so hard being away from home at this time of year.

I love watching every cheesy Christmas movie on tv and driving around to look at Christmas lights.

Merry Christmas!!!

Yuriko said...

The one Coke commercial I really miss is the "I'd like to Teach the World to Sing.." one. It's really a lovely commercial.

Merry Christmas!

Yuriko said...

The one Coke commercial I really miss is the "I'd like to Teach the World to Sing.." one. It's really a lovely commercial.

Merry Christmas!