CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Feeling the burn

I did the 3 mile WATP routine a few hours ago and it sort of kicked my ass. Yesterday I also did 3 miles, but I did the 1 mile and then the two mile later, so it wasn't so bad. I figured that if I could do 3 miles total and not feel terrible, why not just do it together so that I don't have to scrounge up the motivation to do two workouts a day, after all, same difference right?

Not right.

It didn't kill me, which I suppose I should count as a plus, but once I got to 1.5 miles every check in point they did after it (each 0.5 miles) I was trying to convince myself that it was enough and I could stop, I'd only planned on doing the 2 mile so it was ok, my waist/hip was protesting after being forced to move yesterday so it would really be better for me to not go on. I would just go back to doing the littler workouts a couple of times a day but I know myself well enough to be sure that after a couple of days I would be down to one small one.

Leslie Sansone has that kind of mom quality to her, it plays psychological tricks on me. She's very encouraging on the DVDs (without having that over-peppy hyper feel that makes me want to throw things at the TV) but when she's assuring me (us, the audience at large) that 'this move is so good for you, but if you feel like you've had enough or it's too difficult, just go back to a march' I get flashbacks to me being 12 or 13 and my mum saying 'it would be nice if you helped, but you don't have to ' which inevitably left going 'nooooo, I'll help...' *shuffle shuffle*, because really inside you knew you could and just didn't want to, and being given a choice would leave you feeling guilty if you didn't.

But maybe I'm reading to much into it.

I just finished cutting up the chicken and salmon I bought yesterday into individual portions so that they can be frozen. I am determined to start taking lunches to school, the convenience store is one of my big downfalls, there's just too much junk I like in there. Tomorrow will be chicken salad with a spoon of sesame dressing (I just finished cooking the chicken so I'll chop the salad later), some fruit, and possibly a boiled egg if I end up boiling them tonight.

I'm a little concerned about fitting in my working out around a working day. It's all very well to be gung-ho about it when I've got nothing else to do, but it's going to be a lot more effort to convince myself to get up in the cold, cold morning to do it before work, or to tell myself to get moving after I've walked back home from the school.

1 comments:

Dev said...

I do my workouts after work before I go home. I am just not a morning person.

I love Leslie Sansone! I do the WATP workouts on the days I don't go to the gym.