CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 07, 2008

Ha!

My attempt to get up to do my DVD this morning was laughable. It consisted of me waking up at 5:30, knocking over the glass of water trying to hit my alarm clock, cursing when I remembered that my alarm clock was a cellphone so I couldn't hit it to make it shut up, begrudgingly cracking open an eyelid to reset it for later, rolling over and going back to sleep.

I foresaw this being a problem. Methinks I will have to just admit that morning is not going to be workout time, especially during winter. Speaking of, it was so cold in my apartment the night before last that last night I moved on to a futon in the only heated room in my house. It made waking up in the morning slightly less obscene. I can't tell you how many times I've been a few minutes late to school since the weather turned, not because I'm not awake, but because I physically can't bring myself to let go of the scant warmth of my blanket. Summer seems like a good morning workout time. Once you wake up you just can't stay in bed, it's far too hot.

Bleurgh, I didn't get enough sleep last night, I may be forced to nap at my desk. I'm sure if I just draw eyes on my eyelids no one would ever notice.

A cunning plan.

5 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

Zanitta, for many years I tried to get up and exercise before work and NEVER was able to do it. I finally realized last year, that my best time to workout (when I don't want to make excuses to not) is around 5:30 pm.

I'm a night owl not an early bird and finally quit fighting it.

Tully said...

LOL- I know it's not funny, but I did pretty much the exact same thing this morning. I have tried over and over again to get up and exercise in the morning and I think i'll just have to admit defeat on this one and exercise at night. Such a pity because I feel so good when I exercise in the morning and it is so relaxing to know that you are done with exercise for the day.

Lidian said...

Yeah, it is really cold here in the mornings too, it is all I can do to get up and get a coffee. Maybe evening is better? I am going to try and do stuff more later in the day and in bits during the day - wearing a pedometer. Maybe you could take little walking breaks during the day, would they mind at your school?

Thanks for the link BTW! I will link you too, I have been enjoying your blog for some time now -

Lidian said...

A cunning plan, eh? :) Are you a Blackadder fan? One of my faves, especially the 3rd series with lovely Hugh Laurie as the Prince Regent...

Dinah Soar said...

If you are looking for some good weightloss blogs here are some links I read daily:

http://kathycalculatesweightloss.blogspot.com/

http://www.pastaqueen.com/halfofme/

http://jack-sprat.net/

You'll find some more links from these blogs....