CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Healthy You Check In 4 100.8kg

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Down 1 kilo (2.2 pounds). Less than I would have liked for two weeks, but it's a loss, and I'd be the first to admit that my eating has been quite hit and miss this week. Even so, I was on plan with exercise, and the loss pushed me over the line for a 5lb lost badge, so all is good with the world. I like being able to fiddle with all the things on my blog, keeping them all updated. I have started putting mini-badges under the big 'healthy you' link on the right so I can keep track of my weeks on plan without using huge amounts of sidebar space with the full size ones (Scale Junkie I hope that's okay!), it will feel good to see them build up.

I got paid yesterday so I also sent a chunk of money home, which means I got to move my debt ticker at the bottom of the page down. That felt really, really good. I've decided that if my school re-contract me (I find out Feb 14th) then I am going to do the distance learning course I was thinking about, but it means I really have to keep an eye on finances as my tuition is going to cost me quite a bit. I had originally planned to continue sending money home every month and have my card paid off by the end of March so that I could start saving. However, with me having to send two payments of 150,000 yen to the university, the money is going to have to stay with me. If I keep to the budget I made though I should be able to send home 200,000 yen when I get paid in June, which should finish it off.

14 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

Not too shabby on that 2.2 pounds and you are doing great on meeting your excerise goals each week.

I like your little badges.

sandy said...

Great idea about the mini badges. Congrats on the loss!

Cammy said...

Congratulations on a good week, on all fronts! Sometimes I think it helps to tackle two "issues" at once as you are with your debt. (I'm working on clutter.) It seems easier having something else to focus on when I'm having troubles in one area or the other. I wish you great success in both your challenges!

Mary said...

Mini badges... interesting idea. I like it. Congrats on having a good week!

Lidian said...

That is wonderful, more than 2 lbs! And I like the mini badges idea a lot.

Blubba said...

Great job! I'm a fan of the mini-badges myself.

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Hey, Z. Congrats on the downward slide on that scale, small, but a victory, right? :)

And I hope you can work it out so you can take the course and enjoy your learning while your brain is young and FRESH. I find it much harder to learn at (almost) 48. Retention is a huge problem, whereas I had a kick-butt retention and memory and brain in my younger years. So, yeah. LEARN NOW. :)

And may you weigh in even better next week.

The Princess

Carleen said...

good jon on the loss...and well done sending the $$ home...

Take Care and have good week

lychee said...

I love your blog. I just love the layout. It's just gorgeous.

Have bookmarked your site.

Christine said...

Great loss girlie! That's gotta be a great feeling.

CindyPTN said...

Terrific. What area of Japan are you in? We lived in Sasebo for two years. It's in Kyushu just south of the main land. Way to work on the debt too!

Scale Junkie said...

I think 2.2 pounds in two weeks is fantastic. I love the little badges, if I have time, I'll make smaller ones for everyone to use, this is my first time organizing something like this so its trial and error and learning as I go.

Congrats on your financial discipline, it sounds like you have a great plan worked out.

Tully said...

Great work on the loss! Doesn't it feel good when you get your health and finances in check at the same time. I find that one normally follows the others and when I eat badly I start spending more money too (normally on junk food!).

You're doing well girl, keep up the good work!

Christie said...

Great job!!!!