CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Late to the Party

I've been seeing buttons for Scale Junkie's Healthy You 2008 Challenge everywhere, but was putting off joining. The last challenge I tried was last year, and the weekly weigh in everyone posted had me focusing on numbers (already an inclination of mine) way too hard. There was nothing wrong with the challenge, it was meant as a support network, but it put me in a position where I was either riding high or dying because of the scale reading, and was just too much pressure to compare my loss with everyone else.

I'm redefining my goals for this challenge.

Since I started adding intentional exercise into my daily routine and realised that the world in fact didn't end, I would like to keep it up. To that end, my goal for this challenge is to do deliberate exercise 5 days a week. By 'deliberate' I mean taking time to do one of the programs on my exercise DVD (currently Walk Away The Pounds, but I will be adding Turbo Jam into the mix when it arrives, assuming I like it as much as I hope I'm going to), my walk to and from school cannot be counted towards this goal. It can be as little as the one mile program but it has to be done.

I have my own personal goals with my food and water consumption, but I'm going to keep those separate for now and just have the challenge for this one thing, that way if I don't eat perfectly one week I won't make myself worse or say 'to hell with it' and have a Food Freak-out because the week is blown.

4 comments:

Lidian said...

I am thinking about not making a big deal about my weight on this challenge too - I mean, I will weigh in for myself but I want to focus more on stuff like walking at least 5x a week, eating well, being more the sort of person I want to be etc etc.

b, the better body blogger said...

I think your goals are great! Every time I start a "diet" program, I try to take on too much at once - food, water, workouts, world peace... then, when I blow one teensy-little thing, I freak and give up completely...
My boyfriend keeps telling me "just do the right things and the weight will naturally come off" (easy for him to say, he's been skinny all his life). But I'm beginning to think he's right (after all, he is skinny) so maybe he's got a good idea going here...
Anyway, I'm going to take his advice, and yours!, and focus on "doin the right stuff" rather than trying to conquer the world all at once.

The Cakehole said...

hey B, thanks very much. I wanted to check your site but there is no link back to your blog? What's the addy?

Anonymous said...

What is your secret for not being bored out of your gourd when you do Walk Away the Pounds? I have the DVD and it's so boring to me... I just can't bring myself to do it.