CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

No the best night I've ever had

Went grocery shopping last night for supplies, but came home with a bag load of junk along with the healthy stuff and just went completely off the rails. I was fine when I left the house (or so I thought), had a bowl of cereal so I wouldn't be hungry going around the store, and then just went nuts. I'd love to blame this on my period, but looking back on it today I think I know what caused it (though I had a few self-pitying 'why am I doing this' moments last night). The source won't be gone until after tomorrow night, but (mentally) I'm feeling ok today.

OMG I went to bed feel sick though. And woke up with the worst. food. hangover. ever.

It occurred to me when I was trying to run out the door that in my sugar haze I forgot to make lunch today. I was going to go the konbini but I have a feeling that I'll just cave again and I don't want to make it worse. Besides, I still have that faintly nauseated feeling in the pit of my stomach and am uncertain whether food will make it better or worse. I'm not overly eager to find out just in case the answer is worse.

I am totally not stepping on the scale until I do at least another three workouts. Viva la Resistance!

9 comments:

Lidian said...

I sometimes find it very hard to go grocery shopping and be around all that food, lots of it stuff that I really don't need, but I want it when I see it. It's like seeing it puts the idea in my head that I want and NEED it. Sigh. I hope you feel better soon, too much sugar never feels good afterwards (don't I know it)

The Cakehole said...

Making a list helps me with that, I just stick to it, bu in this case I got all the healthy things on my list and then let the madness take me.

Dev said...

I usually keep a shopping list and stick to it. My list helps me keep out of the "foods that are bad for me" aisles.

Carleen said...

you've got to take the good with the bad....just getting back on track is a good thing!! keep up the good work :)

said...

I find it more difficult in Tokyo to eat properly than when I'm in Hiroshima. Maybe it is something to do with the ¥100 shops, I mean "Hoto Cakie Time!!" None the less, consistency pays off so a nibble here or there so long as it's accounted for, well, you'll be right as rain come the long weekend.

Blubba said...

It's hard when self-control setbacks happen. Don't be too hard on yourself, it happens. Just get right back on the program!

Abba said...

Don't kick yourself! Can you take any of the bad stuff back? Just a thought.

Hang in there. It's something that can be fixed. You don't have to eat what you bought.

(((HUGS)))

Mrs Coetser said...

Sometimes I get home from shopping with all the "right" stuff and I just don't want to cook or to eat it. Then I get in the car and go buy junk.
After that I really feel guilty but I am learning not to be so hard on myself and I am also not thinking about giving up either.

Cherry Dolphin said...

Just remember - it was just that: ONE NIGHT. One night in the grand scheme of things is not bad at all. I recently had a bad day too, but I got up the next day and went back to making healthy choices again. :) You can do it, keep it up!