CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Stomach says: *grumble*

When will I learn to make my lunch the night before? I never want to because it gets cold in my kitchen, and once I've warmed up I don't want to leave my heated living room. I always think 'I'll do it in the morning' and then I never do because I'm running late and need to leave. This morning I didn't have time to make my tuna salad so I grabbed the fresh pineapple from the fridge and loped off some slices into a Tupperware container (side note: I bought a fresh pineapple because it was cheaper than buying a bag of four apples - madness I say!). I have the container squeezed into the fridge here, so I've just got that until I get home (in about 6 and a half hours, sigh). I'm trying to avoid going to the convenience store because it invariably leads to me consuming things best left unconsumed, but given that the milk had gone off I also didn't get breakfast so my stomach is just reminding me of my duties.

I did end up doing two lots of exercise on Saturday, and then one yesterday, so I'm back on track for the week. However, I woke up Sunday morning and my body was displeased by my decision to go six miles the night before, especially when it had already made it's objections known about the three mile I had been forcing it through. And made no bones of telling me about it.

Check out Roni’s new contest! I can win a Nutritional Smart Scale from Eat Smart and so can you! Click here for details!

5 comments:

Lidian said...

I'm feeling the exercise too, right in my knees and well, all over -

That's amazing about the apples being so expensive...I've heard about the really big strawberries there too, being very expensive and beautifully packaged. We just had some pineapple too, but it gets chomped down so fast!

The Cakehole said...

yeah, the apples were 498 yen for 4, the whole pineapple was 298 yen, go figure...

Blubba said...

Wow, you're working out like crazy!
I've decided to increase your workload and tag you!

BTW, I have some ideas for cheaper ways of studying the Nihongo in my comments to you on my Tuesday Tubbiness post.

Good luck!

Grumpy Chair said...

You are rockin.

Could you make your lunch while making your supper in the kitchen?

Abba said...

I love fresh pineapple. It's really good on the grill also!