CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

There is no secret

(sorry)

Anon (who are you? leave me a web addy in the comments!) asked me in the comments of my last post What is your secret for not being bored out of your gourd when you do Walk Away the Pounds? I have the DVD and it's so boring to me... I just can't bring myself to do it

The truth is I like the simplicity of it. I've bought dance and jazz DVDs before because the routines look so cool, only to become frustrated with my inability to pick it up. I would love to be one of those people that can learn routines effortlessly, but I'm just terrible, and then I end up feeling bad because I can't master the moves quickly so the DVD gets stuffed onto a shelf somewhere never to see the light of day again.

If it is boring you, a good thing to do is to become familiar enough with the routines to not need the audio track, and then just put your own music on to make it more interesting. I personally recommend The Fratellis album 'Costello Music', I literally can't listen to their songs without needing to get up and dance.

4 comments:

Fat Grl Slim said...

Have you considered Yoga Booty Ballet? I started with those DVD's last January and man did it kick my butt -- but in a good way. They also allow you to modify to your own level of fitness and it's all about having fun not getting the moves perfectly right.......just a thought :)

Lidian said...

I do the same thing with my WATP tapes (not DVDs yet!) - just put on my mp3 player and watch old Leslie. I don't really care to listen to her but I just do whatever she and her giddily happy pals are doing...

Dinah Soar said...

Great ideas all. Why didn't I think of that? (P.S. I'm anon---was in a hurry and didn't want to fill in the blanks)

Grumpy Chair said...

I thought Dancing with the Stars DVD would help me lose the weight and be fun at the same time.

I was so wrong.

I couldn't get bast the chick wearing the extremely low ride yoga/dance pants. It is irritatingly low, to the point where you wish you could pull her pants up.

Do what works for you.

P.s. - Glad you joined the HC 2008!
and also, I changed my post to until - cuz you are so right, it will be hectic once he gets home.