CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Reality bytes and reality bites.

I woke up this morning feeling like I should take the plunge and face the amount of damage I've done in the past two weeks (wow, time flies). I weighed in this morning at 102.6. It was better than I thought it would be, worse than I'd hoped. It's possible that some of that may be water weight as I haven't been getting my water in at all, but I have a feeling most of it is the real stuff.

(Small) steps have been taken. Yesterday I had a dinner that actually involved broccoli, and I resisted the urge to head to the 24hr supermarket to satisfy those late night carb cravings with my body weight in bread and chocolate. It doesn't sound like much, but it's been happening a lot the last week or two and it's harder than you'd think.

Yesterday I also tackled one of my messy rooms (the living room, the one I spend the most time in). Ive mentioned it before, but having a messy house really affects my mindset. I feel like a complete slob, and if everywhere else is dirty and cluttered then I am too, and it makes making good choices for myself much harder. Needless to say, my house hasn't been pristine for a while.

I think I may have overdone it saying I would exercise 5 times a week, I'm thinking of dropping it down to three times. It seems like such a cop-out writing that. When I'm motivated and things are going smoothly then five seems perfect, but when it's not that five kills me, and then I give up all together. Maybe it's better to lower the number, and then when I'm feelign good and want to exceed it great, but if I'm not I can still get it all in and not feel like a failure.

Anyway, I'm here. I'm not out yet, but I'm slowly floating closer to the top.

Goals for today:

1) Wash all my dirty dishes and vacumme the floor so that cleaning the kitchen is finished off. - Done

2) Go to the supermarket and get ingrdients for dinner. Do not get any junk. - Done

3) Make lunch for tomorrow. -Leftovers from dinner

4) Put beans out to soak for dinner tomorrow.

15 comments:

Poonie said...

Good for you for facing the damage, it's the first step to rectifying things. I think you're doing the right thing by setting your exercise (and any other) goals more realistically too. There's no shame in that at all. As you know, setting it too high can be setting yourself up for a fall. This way if you do 3 days you've met your goals, but if you make 5 you have done extra well, and overall you're less likely to feel crappy for not making your target. And I honestly think you'll see results either way.

Good luck, and yay to you for taking steps forward.

Blossom said...

Five times a week is a lot. Three times is more realistic, and you'll start to see results with that. Don't beat yourself up too much; we've all been there.

Grumpy Chair said...

Currently I go three times (and sometimes just twice) to the gym each week. One for yoga and the other two for aerobics. I could go everyday, but it would feel "chore like" and I would set myself up for failure.

My goal is to go to gym 3 x's for the first 3 months. Add another day for the next quarter.


Hang in there.

Once Upon A Dieter said...

I can't remember the last time I exercised. I'm so bad it's not funny. I keep saying, "Yeah, I will, " but I don't.

And I'm in a holding pattern, no big ups or down. I really want a down-down-down. :)

Best of luck with the carb cravings and exercise. I've had raging desire for chocolate and cookies. I long for something gooey and cakey and chocolatey and creamy and totally bad. And I've given in enough that it explains why the scale has the doldrums, methinks.

:(

The Princess

Simone said...

Well done on taking action.

I am also facing the facts that some of my goals need to be in smaller bite sizes.

Katy said...

I like the goal of doing more activity than you did the day before (or week before). So, if you only worked out 1 day last week...2 days this week is an improvement. Keeps it simple that way!

Scale Junkie said...

The first few days of getting back on track are the hardest, but believe me when I say YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

weightlossguru said...

soak the beans! ;-)

Princess Dieter said...

Come on. I miss you. POST!

the Princess

Grumpy Chair said...

Oh where O where can my Zanitta be?

Katschi said...

I just dropped my exercise time down from 210 to 120 minutes a week. I'm just starting out...why pressure myself...you too. You'll probably stick with it for longer and even improve over time.
I can totally relate to the clutter/housework thing...I'm there myself. I just bought (got suckered into buying) Peter Walsh's new book, does this clutter make my butt look fat? I just received it today.
Good for you for dusting yourself off and getting back on the wagon.

Anonymous said...

Where, oh where has my Zanitta gone? Where, oh where can she be?

Hmm? Well? :)

The Princess

Sharla Rae said...

I can so relate to the messy house/stress. I just had to have a week long Clean Fling to get the house clean.

I almost feel guilty for going to the gym when the house is a mess-so I do neither!

Great job with your list for today

Christie said...

Where you at woman! I miss you! :)
In case you don't make it back before I delete my old blog I wanted to let you know where you can find my new one.
www.learning-intuition.com

Blubba said...

Genki?

Hope you are doing well. Winter is almost over, and hopefully some of your previous discontent as well?

Let us know how you are doing.