CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Happiness is also...

...Having your new multi-region DVD player arrive and setting it up with no problem, meaning you can now watch all your DVDs on your TV instead of hunched over your desk.

Logging your food for the first time in nearly a month and a half.

Happiness is not:

Realising that since you abandoned you blog (and quite possibly your sanity), you have gained a stone.

The other English teacher (she's Canadian, and comes to my school on a Tuesday) is a runner. I don't do running in public, but I mentioned that it's would be nice to have a park or something near my house now that the weather is getting nicer, just so that I could go and walk around when I felt like it.

It's been like that just recently. You know, when winter is receding and you just want to be outside a little. However, for those of you not in the know, the majority of Japanese cities are ugly. There are a few notable exceptions, but mostly. My city especially so.

This girl lives in a nearby town though, and it's beautiful. She said that if I wanted to I could grab a ride to the place she runs and have a walkabout while she's doing her thing. She mentioned there was a 1.5 km route I could go around. That's about a mile and sounds really doable; assuming the weather doesn't go plummeting into a downward spiral I may take her up on it.

If the temperature gets anything like it was last summer when I arrived, pretty soon it will be too hot to enjoy things like that, and I'll be spending most my time trying to avoid the great outdoors.

2 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

You don't have to run, just walk. I hope the weather begins to feel/look like spring soon. It seems a lot of "us" suffer from "SAD" in the winter.

Scale Junkie said...

I agree with Grumpy Chair, you don't have to run, just walk!

I'm glad you got the new DVD player, I have several DVD's from the UK that I have to play on my computer, it does get annoying.

Get out there and walk and find something to look at that you can enjoy and appreciate, even if it is for its ugliness. You should take some photos and share ugly with us!