CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Weekend pictures

Things have been extremely busy for the last few days. Last Friday I took a day off work and had a jaunt down to Nagoya, and Saturday I met up with my friend and we went to see the ume (plum) blossoms that have just started to bloom. After that we went to see her brother and his family (with the cutest little two and three year old!), and on Sunday it was off to Toba to see the aquarium there.

Blossom season is a very famous time in Japan, with good reason! I'm going to Kyoto in a couple of weeks so hopefully the sakura (cherry) blossoms will be out by then, but I have a feeling we may be a few days too early. Having said how ugly Japanese cities can be, I thought it only fair to mention that some parts can be absolutely breath taking during certain times of the year.

Yuuki Shrine:



4 comments:

Lidian said...

Beautiful photos!

Scale Junkie said...

Simply beautiful!

I'm glad you got a chance to get out of your ugly Japanese city and see a pretty one.

Oh I got the DVD code worked out! Thanks for offering to help!

Grumpy Chair said...

Oooh beautiful photos.

Sounds like you had a very nice weekend.

Christine said...

Hey. I just wanted to leave a note for you. Thank you so much for wanting to keep an eye on me even though I decided to go private with my blog - I was very surprised to see the response that I got from this announcement - but it just means so much more to know who is reading me - and I will return the favor for sure. I do need to recommit myself to my blog and to this weight loss journey - and am so happy to have you reading. Take care!!

Hugs from SK CANADA! Christine

PS. The pictures are just amazing. I have a bit of a fetish with cherry blossoms - but these are beautiful!