CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

Biggering

The last few days have had me retaining water like crazy for no reason at all. As in my legs have felt really 'tight' and my ankles have been swollen. I have no idea why, but will up the water in an attempt to compensate.

I need to exercise. I know I do. I rode the bike to school once, but then we had a load of rain so I didn't want to bike in it, and if I'm going to be honest it was a lot harder than 7 minutes on a bike should have been. Having to stop because I'm struggling for breath just adds to the embarrassment of being on the bike in the first place. I'm going to have to start exercising so that my body gets use to movement again, then maybe it will be easier.

I'm really feeling the weight I gained. I can see it in my face, and I've had to let out the skirts I took in. My clothes (especially my bottoms) don't fit and I can't get replacements here because there are no plus size clothes and it's really making me feel self conscious.

I managed to circumvent the binge I felt coming late last night, I've been eating a lot at night again (both in frequency and quantity) and it has to stop. I know I'll feel better once I start, but as always it's the first step that's getting me.

8 comments:

JourneyGirl said...

Hi,

I came across your blog the other day. It seems as though we are blogging about the very same thing. I am overweight and trying to drop a few pounds and also live in Japan. I assume you are also on the JET Program? I just thought I'd say hi. Maybe you'd be interested in checking my blog out? Good luck with your journey.

Journeygirl

Grumpy Chair said...

Yay to you on riding your bike to school. I hope the rain lets up so you can continue. And the more you ride the more your endurance will increase and soon those 7 mins. will fly by and no huffing and puffing.

JourneyGirl said...

Hey,

I've been here since August. I'm in Kumamoto-sen which is on Kyushu. It's not bad but things about Japanese culture do bug me. I decided not to re-contract. I can't wait to go back home to Canada. Where are you from? It's funny because I thought that when I moved here I would automatically lose weight because everyone here is so thin. But for some reason that never happened. Pretty much all of the other female ALTs in my city ended up gaining. Now we are all trying to lose some weight.

I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog. Maybe we can link share?

Good luck with your goals!

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Bloat sucks, don't it?

I'm bloated cause I visited family yesterday and it was a total blow-out of salty stuff. From yesterday to today, a +4 change on the scale, and we darn well know it's from sodium.

It's like my body can't handle th excess sodium. I used to be a salt hound--eating out a lot, bagged snacks all salted. I love salt. Still do. But after months of eating a lot of fresh produce and unsalted steamed veggies, I notice the big change when I eat in a restaurant or processed or salted stuff. BOOM! Ankles double in size!

Anyway, just drink your water, eat your fruit, avoid stuff from cans or packages full of sodium, and it will ease off.

But salt is so yummy. Sigh.

The Princess--who has been scarce!

Tully said...

Well good work on riding your bike one day, that is much better then I could do!

Could you order some clothes online? I just know how awful you feel when your clothes don't fit, it really doesn't help- I know because my clothes are feeling the same!

Scale Junkie said...

Great job riding your bike. If the water.

As far as the clothes not fitting, can you find a tailor who could make a few things for you? Maybe a few simple skirts so you don't feel so self conscious?

If the water retention doesn't go away, make sure you go to the doctor and make sure there isn't a medical cause.

Hang in there and great job avoiding the binge.

Once Upon A Dieter said...

How's the de-bloating going? :)

The Princess

Fun and my diet said...

Nice to meet you,
I'm from Japan.
Glad to meet you.

Indeed I am sorry,Please link to this site.
Keep it up please.